Wednesday, September 3, 2008

imagine when we turn around, they're only scratching their heads.

Matthew 28:20
"and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Matthew 28:20 was my favorite bible passage when I was little. Granted I only a favorite passage because all the other kids in my class did (and this one being particularly easy to memorize) I still remember it today, and I think it's actually quite nice to think. Whether or not I believe in this religion anymore. What made me think about this was what woke me up today. I was woke up (late) but by a friend visiting and reading me some things they had just read in Proverbs. I'm not going to lie, I haven't read a bible in years. I was reminded of it's lyrical flow when they read it, the bible is a great book but like my cultural anthropology teacher said last year... "it's not gold". I'm not even trying to get into a rant on religion, that's not the point of this blog.

My friend said something to me today, this friend told me that they didn't care about the things they used to want. I know the feeling. Certain things blind us, certain things are able to change our minds about pretty much anything, and that is sad. Pathetic really, true nonetheless. I've been somewhat inspired at the things my friend said to me this morning. I understand how people get lost in life, how we get caught up in situations, in people. How too many selfish acts can leave us lonelier than before. I'm bored with it, I'm bored with everything. I expect major changes this year, I know what I have to do - I'm going to work for what I want, harder than ever before. I know I'm not perfect, but I'm a lot better than what I am allowing myself to settle for. I can't see myself living the life I'm undoubtably heading for, I need to step shit up. . . I need to grow the fuck up. I've got goals, I've always been a big dreamer and recently I've fallen and I have done things I'm not very proud to say I've done. We can't let the world get to us, we can't allow the superfical to control what we think and we definetly can not let others make choices for us.

I'm ready to change too, friend.
While I don't nessacarily believe in the things you do, I know we'll make it out on the otherside together.

0 comments: