Saturday, December 13, 2008

Los Angeles

Long post:

So I am very happy I moved here, very VERY happy.  I am adjusting to L.A. well - all the different people, the city, the hills (which I live in and which are gorgeous), the crazy driving... haha. I like it all a lot.

I left a week ago Sunday (the 7th) and had an awful journey. . . My first plane was supposed to leave at 7:45am so I was at the airport early already, got on the plane and at about 8:00am or so when we were going down the runway we suddenly stopped and the pilot said he wanted to check the computer one more time, whatever. About 15 minutes later we went back to the gate and then about 40 minutes after that a mechanic said the planes engine wasn't flyable. This was both a blessing and a curse. Blessing because I didn't die, curse because I went through living hell for the next 12 hours. I waited in line for and hour just to get a new flight to L.A. and my new flight upon receiving it didn't leave until 3:55pm... I also was informed by the blonde lady at the desk to go down and re-check in my bags. So I went all the way down to baggage claim to retrieved my bag. Waiting and watching people from my flight get there bags was making me pretty mad, because mine was no where to be found. After dicking around with the baggage people for 4 hours the said my bag was already on its way to L.A. I figured they were wrong but didn't know what else to do so I went to the gate and bought a salad that sucked and got on the plane. I was bumped up to first class which was cool, but I slept the whole way to Denver, probably with my mouth open. Once in Denver I had an hour to get to my other flight, would have been OK but my plane was a little late getting in and I was at gate 89B and had to be at gate 16B or 15B which was very far away. I pretty much jetted and got there just in time to board. That flight was horrible, the plane felt like it was going to fall out of the sky and the baby behind me was a nightmare. Alas I arrived to Los Angeles to find that my bag wasn't here and that my ride and I were at separate terminals. I did get my bag back, the next day, and I did find my ride.

Aside from that mess everything has been so much better than expected and I truly doubt I could be happier with any other family. They are amazing, and the kids are so good. The house is amazing, very big and the garden out back is so beautiful! There are palm trees, avocado trees, olive trees, strawberries, grapes, rosemary, mandarin oranges, and a whole bunch of other fruits n' such.  The neighbors have horses so that adds to it, also the view is to die for. We have an amazing view of the city!

I went to the mall today, and am going to another tomorrow. I bought two scarves - one at H&M and one at F21. I also found a perfect white tank to shred... as well as a whole bunch of bangles and bracelets, a few shirts, and some Sephora by OPI nailpolish in "Cab Fare" (yellow) it's very fun. There are so many more stores here... I found a shoe store that had really awesome shoes for cheap! They even had talon heeled shoes! And shoes that looked  like the new SP09 Ann Demeulemeester lace up sandal boots as well as many other semi knock offs. I even found a pair of black heels that were a near replica of my dream YSL tribal heel.

Oh and I quit smoking, I threw away my whole stash today. I'm nearly positive I  won't be able to quit for good but I may as well try.

My new best friend Sami and I.